Direct (Paris Convention) filing
|Power of Attorney:
||English & Arabic
|Excess Claims Fee:
*Powers of Attorney and assignments must be
legalized up to your nearest consulate of any GCC
country. The consulate will provide instructions on
the procedure that is required; note that costs
will be incurred for this.
- A certified copy of the certificate of incorporation
or Extract from the Commercial Register of the
applicant company, or certificate of good standing,
duly legalized by the Consulate of any GCC country
is required. If the POA is general, it can be used
with one of these documents to support future
- A certified copy of the Priority Document needs
to be filed within 3 months from the application
filing date (with details needed at filing); a simple
translation into English is needed if the document
is in a language other than English.
- The Power of Attorney, assignment and certificate
of incorporation should be submitted to the GCC
Patent Office within 3 months from the date of
filing the application (no further extensions available).
All documents, such as the POA, assignments, priority pages and certificate of incorporation, must be translated into English and Arabic. The Arabic translations must be completed by a certified translator. The agent invoices the client directly for these charges, and also for any late submission of missing documents (such as POA).
- The Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) is also known as the Cooperation Council for the Arab States of the Gulf and comprises six member states: Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.
- The official fee is roughly half for individual